- Co-counsel for Texas gas distribution utility rate case proceeding before the Railroad Commission of Texas
- Co-counsel for Texas electric transmission utility in certificate of convenience and necessity proceedings before the Public Utility Commission of Texas
- Co-counsel for Texas electric utilities in energy efficiency cost recovery factor, fuel factor and fuel reconciliation proceedings before the Public Utility Commission of Texas
- Co-counsel for Texas electric and gas utilities in various customer complaint, tariff modification, and abandonment proceedings before the Public Utility Commission of Texas and Railroad Commission of Texas
Professional and Legal Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas Pro Bono College 2015, 2016, 2017
- Austin Bar Association
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
• The University of Houston Law Center 2008, J.D.
• The University of Texas at Austin 2002, M.A.
• The University of Texas at Austin 1999, Bachelor of Arts with Honors
Publications and Presentations
- Regulation of Water Utilities at the Public Utility Commission of Texas, Texas Water Utilities Association, 2015
- PHMSA Regulations of Pipeline Integrity and AC Interference, Texas Utility Lawyers Annual Meeting, 2015
- Depreciation Issues in Contested Proceeding Before Texas Regulatory Agencies, Society of Depreciation Professionals, 2015
- 2013 Public Utility Commission and Legislative Update, Texas Utility Lawyers Annual Meeting, 2013
- Evidence and Procedure Developments at SOAH and the Railroad Commission of Texas, Texas Utility Lawyers Annual Meeting, 2012
- Ex Parte Communications, State Bar of Texas Advanced Administrative Law, 2011
- Clarifying Ex Parte Communications, State Bar of Texas Advanced Administrative Law Seminar, 2011
- A Reconsideration of Ethics Opinion 587 Regarding Ex Parte Communications in Administrative Proceedings – Texas Tech Administrative Law Review, 2010
- A Comparative Analysis of the Railroad Commission of Texas’ and the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission’s Authority to Regulate Gas-cap Production – Houston Law Review, 2008
Community Service and Civic Associations
All Saints Episcopal Day School
- Board of Trustees, 2015 – Present
Extend-a-Care for Kids
- Board of Directors, 2009 – Present
Long Way Home, Inc.
- Treasurer, 2009 – Present
- Board of Directors, 2005 – Present
- Volunteer Legal Services
- Texas Adoption Day
Mr. Johnson represents electric, gas, and water utilities in complex regulatory proceedings before the Public Utility Commission of Texas and the Railroad Commission of Texas. His experience includes serving as lead or co-counsel in rate cases, applications for certification of convenience and necessity, fuel factor and fuel reconciliation proceedings, rulemaking projects, energy efficiency cost recovery proceedings, renewable energy matters, and customer complaints, as well as various other regulatory enforcement proceedings.